Firefighters respond to gas bottle and barbecue fire in Evatt

Firefighters responded to a fire caused by a gas bottle at a house at Evatt on Tuesday.

ACT Fire and Rescue crews discovered a nine-kilogram gas bottle and barbecue well alight when they responded to the fire shortly before 7pm.

Crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire, which was contained to the outside of the house.

The area sustained minimal damage and all occupants were able to safely evacuate the area.

Most Viewed in National